- 1 bag (1 pound/450 g) baby carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) white pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) orange zest
- 1 quart (0.9 liters) vegetable stock (use only what you need for serving)
- Chopped fresh herbs (dill, chives, fennel, thyme) for garnish
- Wash the carrots well and slice them evenly.
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 180F/32C.
- Put all the ingredients, except the vegetable stock and garnishes into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 2 hours or until the carrots are quite tender when pressed between your fingers through the pouch.
- Pour the contents of the pouch into a blender when slightly cook and puree the soup until smooth. Add about half the stock and puree again. Add the remainder of the stock if you’d like a thinner soup.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference.
- Put into a tureen or pot and keep warm for serving.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs.