Serves 2 as a meal, 6 as an appetizer
- 12 ounces (12 large/300 g) prawns or langoustine*, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Herbes de Provence
- 1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 stick (2 ounces/ 56 g) salted butter, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- Chives, finely minced, optional garnish
*Scampi are prawns or langoustine, but large shrimp can also be used to make the dish.
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 136F/58C.
- Put the shrimp into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch, add the butter and garlic to the pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pouch, season with salt and pepper while hot, garnish with minced chives
- Transfer the shrimp along with the pouch juices to a platter and serve with crusty bread or toss with some hot buttered pasta.