- 1 recipe Creamy Pumpkin Soup, ready to serve
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
- Put the sour cream into a small bowl and whisk in a tablespoon of the cream. Add more cream as needed to achieve a thick but pourable consistency.
- Put the thinned cream into a condiment squeeze bottle (available on Amazon) and squeeze a line from it onto a piece of waxed paper to check that it flows well through the tip.
- Put the soup into a large bowl or tureen and pipe concentric circles, beginning with a dot in the center and larger circles as you move outward (like a target).
- To create the spider web, use the tip of a toothpick to gently draw a line of cream from the center dot outward to the largest circle, pulling each ring along a bit as you go. Go back to the center and draw a similar line to the exact opposite side of the circles, creating two halves. Repeat this process, again working from the center out with a line perpendicular to the first, creating quadrants. Finally draw another that splits each of the quadrants in half, ending up with 8 sections of ‘web’.
- Serve immediately.