Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
For garnish (optional)
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, stems discarded, coarsely chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped small, and cooked crisp
- Reserved tiny florets (*keep a few very tiny florets for topping)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 180F
- Put all ingredients, except stock and cream, into a large cooking pouch and vacuum seal. Spread the contents to get the florets evenly distributed in thickness.
- Submerge the pouch to cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Check cauliflower for tenderness by pinching a floret through the pouch. It should squash easily. If not, continue to cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the water oven when tender. Open the pouch and pour the all contents into a blender or food processor. Do not drain.
- Add all the heavy cream and the stock, a bit at a time, blending until smooth and the consistency you desire for your soup.
- Taste for seasons and adjust with salt or pepper as needed.
- Ladle into warm bowls and garnish with the parsley, bacon, and fresh tiny florets, if desired.