- 3 strips thick bacon, cut in half
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or chives
- chopped green onions or herbs for garnish, if desired
Note: You’ll need a 6-cup silicone muffin tin or 6 ramekins
- To properly set the level of water in the SousVide Supreme:
a. Raise the perforated bottom grill by placing it atop a non-rusting/stainless baking rack.
b. Fill the wells of a 6-well silicone muffin pan (or the ramekins) with water and position them on the raised perforated grill.
- Fill the water oven with just enough water to come up the sides of the wells, but not reaching the top surface of the tray or the rims of the ramekins.
- Remove the muffin pan or ramekins, empty the wells into the sink, and dry them well.
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 167F.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet on the stovetop until the bacon is cooked but still pliable. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Add the cheese, cottage cheese, and salt and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the pepper and parsley or chives.
- Line each well with one slice of bacon, divide the egg mixture evenly among the wells.
- Carefully lower the filled muffin pan or ramekins into the water oven and tent with a piece of aluminum foil to deflect any drips of condensation from the lid.
- Cook in the water bath for 40 minutes, or until fully set.
- Remove and let cool briefly. Serve.
- If not eating all the bites, let them cool fully, unmold, and store in an airtight snap-lid container in the refrigerator for later use. Reheat, covered by paper towel, in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.
Share This Recipe with Friends!