Makes 1 pie (8 servings)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sous vide pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 prepared pie crust (homemade or commercially prepared)
- Preheat the traditional oven to 400F/204C.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, spice and salt until well blended. Add the pumpkin puree and evaporated milk and continue to beat until smooth.
- Line a pie plate with the crust, trim, and crimp the edge. Save the trim for decoration, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust
- Decorate with the dough trimmings in autumn shapes, if desired.
- Bake 40 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.