Corn on the Cob
Courtesy of Sharone Hakman (SharonHakman.com)
- 4 fresh ears of corn, shucked and washed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons/56g) butter
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 182F/83.5C.
- Season the corn with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Put the corn, butter, and cilantro into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour. (The corn is delicious right out of the pouch.)
- If grill marking is desired, preheat an oiled grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Before serving, sear the ears briefly on the hot grill for added smoky flavor, rotating to put a few grill marks all sides.
- Serve immediately.