- 2 sous vide-cooked chicken breast halves, sliced or diced
- 2 sous vide-cooked hard-boiled eggs, sliced or diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced, cooked crisp, and drained well
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, for juice
- ¼ red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, well washed, dried, and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese (or your preferred bleu cheese)
- 2 ounces Bleu Cheese or Ranch Dressing (commercially prepared or your own)
- Have ready the cooked chicken, eggs, and bacon. Wash Romaine in advance.
- When ready to assemble, halve the avocado, and dice the flesh and douse it with the juice of half the lemon.
- Put the diced onions into a bowl with the juice of the remaining half lemon and some water to calm their ‘bite’ while you proceed. Drain them before adding to the salad.
- Mound half the lettuce into each of two bowls, arrange half the chicken, eggs, bacon, avocado, and onions on top of each.
- Drizzle each with half the dressing.