Apple Cider Pork Chops
Courtesy of Jason Logsdon www.cookingsousvide.com
Time: 12 hours
For the pork chops
- 4 extra thick pork chops
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
For the sauce
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) hard apple cider
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) whole grain mustard
- Preheat SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature 131F/55C.
- Lightly salt and pepper the pork chops and seal each individually in cooking pouches along with 2 thyme sprigs and 1 tbsp butter.
- Cook at 131F/55C for 12 hours.
- Remove the sous vide pork chops from their pouches, reserving the liquid. Quickly sear the pork chops on both sides in a pan over high heat, or on a grill. While the chops are searing finish the sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of butter and the apples to a pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the apples until the juices begin to brown and the apples are beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic, sugar, apple cider, cider vinegar, mustard and half of the reserved liquid to the apple mixture. Simmer.
- Spoon the sauce over the seared chops and serve.