For the lamb
- 2 lamb racks, Frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- finely minced fresh rosemary or herbes de Provence
For the herb butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) grated Parmesan
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 134°F (56.5°C).
- Sprinkle both sides of the racks or chops liberally with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Put each lamb rack into a small (1 quart/.9 liter) food-grade cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the food pouches in the water bath and cook for at least 2 hours (and up to 4 hours will not affect the texture of the meat.)
Finishing the lamb
- At the end of the lamb’s cooking time, melt the butter and combine with all remaining herb butter ingredients.
- When ready to serve, remove the lamb from the pouches, pat the surface dry, and brush all over with the herb butter mixture.
- Sear the lamb quickly on one side in a hot skillet or for about 3 minutes under the broiler. (Sear the rack meaty side down in the skillet or meaty side up under the broiler.)
- Slice the rack into chops and serve.
Share This Recipe with Friends!