Sous Vide Cauliflower Puree
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed and trimmed of leaves
- 2 tablespoons (2
- 8 g) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 ounces (30 to 60 ml) heavy cream
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180-185F/82-85C.
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half and then slice the halves into 1/2-inch thick (1.25 cm) slices.
- Arrange the slices in a large cooking pouch, evenly distributed in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper and vacuum seal the pouch very tightly.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until quite tender.
- Open the pouch and drain most of the accumulated liquid away; pour the cauliflower into a food processor work bowl or a blender, add the cream, and puree until smooth.
- If not serving right away, put the cauliflower puree into a large zip closure cooking pouch, remove as much air as possible with your hands and quick chill in the pouch, submerged in an ice water bath for at least 20 minutes. (Reheat, in the pouch to serving temperature along with other foods you may be cooking or reheating.
- Transfer the warm cauliflower to a serving bowl and enjoy.