Deviled Eggs Sous Vide with Lox and Capers
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
Makes 4 servings (multiplies easily)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HARD-BOILED EGGS
- 4 to 12 large eggs
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 167F/75C
- Put up to 1 dozen eggs directly onto the bottom perforated grill of the water oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove eggs from the water oven, cool rapidly in cold water, and refrigerate until ready to use.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE STUFFING
- 4 sous vide hard cooked eggs
- 2 ounces (60 g) smoked salmon lox or Nova Scotia salmon
- 2 tablespoons(30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dill pickle juice
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) capers, drained
- Paprika for garnish
- Cut the cooked eggs in half and remove the yolks to a bowl. Set the white halves aside.
- Dice the salmon finely and set aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, and seasonings, except paprika.
- Fold in the capers and salmon to the egg yolk mixture.
- Fill each egg half with a scoop of the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika to each egg half for color.
Like this? Why not share it: