Parmesan Broccoli and Red Peppers Sous Vide
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 2 cups (459 g) broccoli florets, washed and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- 2 canned roasted red peppers, rinsed, seeded, and cut lengthwise into strips
- ¼ cup (30 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
- Season the broccoli and garlic with the salt and pepper and put into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch. Add the butter and vacuum seal.
- Put the pepper strips into another small (quart/liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal. Set aside.
- Submerge the pouch of broccoli in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the pouch of peppers to the water oven and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove both pouches, open and drain off any liquid. Put the vegetables into a warm serving bowl, top with the Parmesan cheese, toss, and enjoy.
Like this? Why not share it: