Bacon-infused Bourbon Cordial
Recipe courtesy of Sharone Hakman
- 1 bottle (750 ml) good bourbon
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 oranges, for zest only
- 2 strips bacon, cooked crisp
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
- Put all ingredients into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) food-grade cooking pouch and vacuum seal in a chamber vacuum sealer or use a food-grade, zip-closure cooking pouch and the Archimedes’ Principle to remove the air and seal. (If you are using a standard cooking pouch, press as much air as possible from the pouch with your hands and seal only. Do not attempt to seal liquids using a suction vacuum sealer.)
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain the infusion into a clean bottle, stopper, and chill. It will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- Serve chilled.
Like this? Why not share it: