Sous Vide Crème Fraiche
Courtesy of Pam McKinstry (SVKitchen.com)
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy (whipping) cream (do not use ultra-pasteurized)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) reduced fat buttermilk
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 95F /35C.
- Combine the cream and buttermilk in a sterilized pint Mason jar and seal with a lid. There is no need to heat the mixture.
- Immerse the jar in the water bath and cook 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove the jar from the water oven and quick-chill submerged in an ice water bath (half ice and half water) to rapidly reduce the temperature.
- Refrigerate, tightly sealed, up to 3 weeks.
Like this? Why not share it: