Herb Roasted Spring Lamb Loin
Courtesy of Chef Jason Wilson of Crush, Seattle, WA
- 2 pounds (1 kg) spring lamb loin, cleaned of silver skin and fat
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (43 g) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) marjoram leaves
- ¼ cup (10 g) Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- ¼ cup (10 g) mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped chives
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) ground fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 135F/57C.
- Portion the lamb loins evenly into 5-ounce (140g) portions.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, sauté the portions until golden brown on all sides; remove to a rack to allow to cool.
- Blanche the herbs in salted boiling water. Arrest the cooking in an ice bath and wring dry. Chop the herbs well and blend with the olive oil and dried spices.
- Warm the butter with the salt and orange zest. Whisk the two fats (herbed oil and butter) together and pour over the lamb portions in a cooking pouch.
- Vacuum seal the loin portions and submerge in the water oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the pouch and serve with an assortment of your favorite spring vegetables.
Like this? Why not share it: