Char Siu Vide
Courtesy of Recipe Contest winner Mark Garetz (www.markiscooking.com)
- 1 (approximately 1.5 pounds/ 685 g) pork tenderloin
- 1 package NOH brand Char Siu marinade, dry
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- Rinse the tenderloin and with paper towels, pat dry
- Shake the marinade packet well to thoroughly mix the contents. Use dry; do not mix with liquid.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 of the dry marinade onto the tenderloin, covering all surfaces well. (Save the rest of the packet for a later use)
- Put the seasoned tenderloin into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Put the sealed pouch into the refrigerator to marinate for 12-24 hour.
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/ 60C.
- Submerge the cooking pouch in the water oven to cook for 4 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to very hot or turn the broiler to high.
- Remove pouch from the water bath and the tenderloin from the pouch; Pat the meat dry with paper towels.
- Baste all sides with honey and char it on all sides on a very hot BBQ grill or under the broiler.
- After charring, baste the top surface again with honey and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice and service or use it in your favorite dish.