Blackberry Basil Infused Vinegar
Courtesy of Faith Keating (keatinglang.com)
- 3 cups (12 oz/340 g) of blackberries
- 1/2 cup (1.3 oz/34 g) basil leaves
- 4 cups (16 fl oz/473 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 153°F/ 67°C.
- Combine ingredients in a large (1 gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch, use the Displacement (Archimedes’) Principle to evacuate the air, and zip closed.
- Submerge in the water bath and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Partway through the cooking process, squeeze the pouch to soften the blackberries.
- Strain the vinegar through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Pour the infusion into a clean bottle, cap tightly, label, date, and store in the refrigerator for up to a six weeks.