Bill the Butcher’s Lentils du Puy
Courtesy of Michael LaRoche (billthebutcher.com)
(A traditional–non sous vide–recipe.)
- 1 cup (200 g) lentils du Puy
- water, sufficient to cover
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 bulbs shallot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put lentils in a large stock pot or saucepan and add water sufficient to cover 2 inches (5 cm) above lentils.
- Simmer over medium high heat until lentils are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Strain lentils and set aside on a sheet pan.
- Heat oil in a saute pan; add garlic and saute until aromatic.
- Add remaining vegetables, toss to coat with oil, and saute until tender.
- Add lentils to pan along with stock and heat thoroughly; allow stock to reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Like this? Why not share it: