Sous Vide Heirloom Potatoes in Duck Fat
Recipe courtesy of Marx Foods
- 4 to 6 heirloom potatoes (or other small potatoes)
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) rendered duck fat
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
- Thinly slice the potatoes (approximately 3mm thick).
- Put the slices in a single layer into a cooking pouch with the duck fat and rosemary, making sure none of the slices overlap, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 24 minutes.
- Put the chopped thyme into a large bowl.
- When the potatoes have cooked, open the pouch, pour them into the bowl with the thyme and toss.
Like this? Why not share it: