Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 2 cups (383 g) castor (superfine) sugar
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 190F/88C.
- Put all sugar and water into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and whisk until the sugar has mostly dissolved then add the cinnamon sticks.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the pouch, strain the contents into a clean, stoppered bottle, and refrigerate for up to 4 weeks.