Makes 750 ml
- 1 bottle (750 ml) vodka
- Zest of 3 tangerines
- 1/2 cup (115 g) pomegranate seeds**
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 153F/67C.
- Put all ingredients into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 2 hrs.
- Strain the infusion (to remove the seeds and zest) and pour into a clean stoppered or screw-top bottle, cool, label, and refrigerate for up to 6 weeks. (The bottle of the vodka you used works fine.)
** Pomegranate seeds are widely available, pre-cleaned, in containers in many grocery stores. The juice of pomegranates stains hands and cutting boards (and everything else) a deep red. However, to easily seed a fresh pomegranate, put a few thicknesses of paper towel on your cutting board to catch the juice. Cut the pomegranate into quarters with a sharp knife and put the quarters into a bowl filled with water. Working in the water, gently tease the seeds away from the peel and pith with your fingers; the seeds will sink and the pith will float to the top. Scoop away and discard the peel and all bits of white pith, including any that cling to the seeds. Discard any discolored seeds.
Use it to make the Pom Pom Champagne/Prosecco Cocktail.
Like this? Why not share it: