Sous Vide Quick Poached Eggs
Serves 1 to 24
- 1 to 24 eggs in their shells
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 167F/ 75C.
- Gently drop the eggs (as many as you need) into the water oven.
- At this temperature you MUST set the timer for 15 minutes and remove the eggs at that point. (Leave them too long and you will have lovely hard boiled eggs! If you don’t want to time them, set your water oven to 148F/ 64C and leave them an hour or longer.)
- Gently lift the eggs from the water (using the lifting rack of the SousVide Supreme to bring them closer to the surface or use a slotted spoon.)
- Crack the egg shell, just as you normally would do with a raw egg and spill the delicious just-soft-cooked contents over toast fingers or into a bowl. Season into salt and pepper, garnish with a sprinkling of fresh chives and enjoy!
Alternatively: Set the eggs in their shells into an egg cup, clip their tops, and spoon out the contents.