Sous Vide Rabbit Loin
Courtesy of Chef Heath Schecter
- 4 (8-ounce/228 g) rabbit loins
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil or high-smoke point vegetable oil
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground ginger
- 1 healthy pinch kosher salt
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 150F/65.5 C.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the marinade well and put the loins in the mixture, making sure to coat them well all over.
- Put each loin into a small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the sealed pouched in the water oven to cook for 4 hours.
- To finish, heat the oil in a skillet until hot.
- Remove the loins from their pouches, pad dry, and sear the loins on both sides.