Perfect Butter Pheasant Breasts
Courtesy of the Nevada Foodies
- 2 pheasant breast halves
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons/57g) butter
- garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 146F/63.5C.
- Season the pheasant breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and put them into a cooking pouch.
- Add half the butter and the thyme sprigs to the pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch into the water oven and cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove the breasts from the water bath, open and pat them dry with paper towels.
- On the stovetop, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the remaining butter and sear the breasts until golden, about 1 minute per side.
- Slice the breasts, drizzle some of the brown pan butter and serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite sides.
Like this? Why not share it: