Sticky Asian Salmon
Courtesy of Karen Booth (Lavender and Lovage)
- 2 (5 ounce/150g portions) boned salmon steaks or fillets (skin on or off)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated fresh garlic
- ½ small red chili, minced or finely diced (de-veined to reduce heat if desired)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) runny honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- fresh chives and chive flowers, optional garnish
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, except the salmon and garnish, to make a marinade. Coat and then sit the salmon in the marinade, cover, refrigerate and let it sit for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, put the fish into cooking pouches and vacuum seal. Set the remaining marinade aside for later use.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pouches and carefully remove the salmon.
- On the stovetop, heat a skillet, griddle, or grill pan over medium heat until sizzling hot. Brush the salmon with the reserved marinade and sear to caramelize and slightly char the surface, several minutes a side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite side dishes.
Suggested plating: Serve the salmon with griddled/seared asparagus and spring onions, lemon wedges, mixed grains/rice, fresh chives, and chive flowers.
Like this? Why not share it: