Makes 750 ml
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 bottle (750 ml) vodka
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 147F/64C.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds and veins.
- Put the peppers and vodka into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch. Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Quick chill in the pouch, submerged in ice water (half ice, half water) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the infused vodka into a clean bottle with a stopper or cap and refrigerate.
Spicy Bloody Mary
Makes 4 cocktails
- 8 ounces (240 ml) jalapeno vodka
- 16 ounces (480 ml) vegetable/tomato juice cocktail (V8)
- 2 ounces (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) horseradish, if desired
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Ice cubes
- Celery salt and black pepper, for rimming glass
- Olives and/or marinated green beans for garnish
- In a pitcher, mix the vodka, tomato juice cocktail, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and horseradish. Add ice and stir to chill well.
- Mix the celery salt and pepper on a plate; wet the rim of each glass with water and dip the rim into the salt mixture to coat.
- Add ice to each glass and fill with the cocktail mixture.
- Add a marinated green bean and/or a spear of olives to each glass and serve.
Like this? Why not share it: