Okra with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Courtesy of MasterChef Winner, Whitney Miller
For the okra
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh okra, tops trimmed
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.6 ml) cracked black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For the sauce
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180F/82C.
- Put the okra into a large cooking pouch, season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and toss to coat.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and submerge in the water oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pouch and quick chill it, submerge in an ice water bath, for 10 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon yogurt sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small bowl; whisk well to blend.
- Remove the okra from the pouch and pat dry with a tea towel or paper towel.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then the okra; cook for about 1 minute on each side or until browned (The okra can also be finished on the grill if you prefer).
- Serve immediately with the lemon yogurt sauce.
Like this? Why not share it: