Courtesy of Chef Richard Blais
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed
- 2 quarts (1.8 liters) water
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sliced fresh red Thai chile
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon high-smoke point vegetable oil (for searing)
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 143F/ 62C.
- In a large zip closure bag or bowl, combine the water, salt, sugar and poultry seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts to the brine, zip closed or cover, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove, rinse under cool water, pat dry, and let air dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the breasts with white pepper.
- Put 2 breasts into a small (quart/ 0.9 liter) cooking pouch; add half the butter, lemon zest, sliced chile, and garlic powder to each pound and vacuum/ seal.
- Submerge pouches in the water oven and cook for at least 1 hour, up to 3 hours.
- Remove pouches from the water oven; remove the breasts from the cooking pouch and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until just at the smoking point.
- Sear the breasts for color before serving.
Share This Recipe with Friends!