Beets in Orange Juice and Agave Nectar
Courtesy of Chef Richard Blais
Time 30 minutes
- 2 large beets, scrubbed well, trimmed, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat SousVide Supreme to 185F/85C
- Cut beets into bite sizes.
- Mix the agave nectar and orange juice together and pour over the beets. Toss to coat.
- Put all ingredients into a cooking pouch, evacuate as much air as possible without drawing liquid from the pouch, and seal.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
Delicious straight from the pouch! Or for an interesting salad variation, chill the beets and plate with salad greens, fresh orange segments, and goat cheese crumbles, drizzled with your favorite vinaigrette.