Makes about 6 to 8 ounces (180 to 240 ml)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (500 g) fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup (250 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 or 2 Serrano peppers, as desired, stemmed and seeded
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper (or to taste)
- Place the garlic, parsley, cilantro and jalapeno into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to mince.
- Add the seasonings, vinegar, and lemon juice and pulse 3 or 4 times to mix.
- With the motor running, stream in olive oil until the mixture is pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and set aside. To hold longer than half an hour, cover tightly and refrigerate.