- 6 duck breasts
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot pepper jelly
- Preheat SousVide Supreme to 129F/54C.
- Season the duck breast on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put 2 breasts into each of three quart/liter cooking pouches and vacuum/seal.
- Load pouches into the Universal Pouch Rack, submerge in the water oven, and cook for 2.5 hours or up to as much as 4 hours.
- Remove pouches and quick chill submerge them in ice water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove breasts from the pouches and pat them dry. (Save accumulated pouch juices, sealed in a zip freezer bag, for future use.)
- Score breast skin in a crosshatch pattern and lightly salt them.
- In a heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, sear the breasts, skin side down until the skin is golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the breasts to a warm plate.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of accumulated duck fat from the pan. (Save the fat along with the pouch juices in the zip closure bag and freeze for future use.)
- Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce and broth, scraping up any brown bits.
- Stir in the pepper jelly and let it melt.
- Return the breasts to the pan, skin side down, to coat with the glaze.
- Slice breasts and serve with your favorite sides.
Share This Recipe with Friends!