- 4 pieces filet mignon (approximately 2-inches/5 cm thick)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 cup (96 g) sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red zinfandel
- 1 small red onion, peeled and iced
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature: 120F/48F for rare; 134F/56.5C for medium rare; 140F/60C for medium; 150F/65.5C for medium well.)
- In a sauce pan, reduce a bottle of red zinfandel with the sugar and the onion until it reaches a thick syrupy consistency. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the steak with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and put into a cooking pouch with a few spoons of the red wine reduction.
- Evacuate as much air as possible and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook at desired serving temperature for 3 hours.
- When cooking time has elapsed, remove filet from pouch, pat dry, and sear under broiler or on a hot grill just long enough to brown the surface.
- Plate the filet with a selection of seasonal vegetables, if desired, and a drizzle of the red wine reduction.
Share This Recipe with Friends!