Courtesy of Chef Richard Blais
Time 1 ½ hours
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) baking powder
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream , if desired, for serving
- Raise the perforated bottom grill by placing it atop a non-rusting roasting rack.
- Fill the ramekins you will use to cook your brownies with water and position them on the perforated grill.
- Fill the water oven with just enough water to come within 1/4- to 1/2-inch (.635 to 1.27 cm) of the top of the ramekin.
- Set the SousVide Supreme to 195F/90C.
- Remove ramekins, empty, and dry them well. Liberally butter the insides of the ramekins.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mixing just until completely moistened.
- Fill each ramekin not quite full with the brownie mixture. Cover each ramekin tightly with aluminum foil to prevent condensation from the lid from dripping into them.
- Carefully place the ramekins into the water bath and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 90 minutes, until set.
- Remove the rack and ramekins from the water bath to the inverted lid until cool enough to handle.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream or refrigerate until slightly firm and fudge-like.