Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 4 to 6 large eggs
- 2 to 3 ounces (60 to 90 g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (120 g) smoked salmon, diced
- pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) canned diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) drained capers
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 167F/75C.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Break the cream cheese into pieces and add to eggs, along with the salmon, and season with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into a food-grade, cooking pouch; press out all the air possible using your hands and seal only. (Do not attempt to vacuum seal liquids using a suction vacuum sealer.)
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, removing to massage the pouch once or twice during the cooking process to mix the contents.
- When the eggs have reached the desired consistency, remove, and serve, topped with the tomato and capers.
6 Week Cure Meat Week Variation: Omit the cream cheese.