Maple Glazed Carrots with Toasted Pecans and Mint
Courtesy of Sur La Table www.surlatable.com
Time 45 minutes
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 1 tablespoons (22 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh mint leaves, cut into ribbons
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 185F/85C.
- Preheat the traditional oven to 350F/175C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange pecan pieces in single layer.
- Toast the pecans in the oven for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove and allow to cool.
- Put the carrots, maple syrup, water, butter and salt in cooking pouch, evacuate as much air as possible, and seal.
- Put the pouch into the water oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove pouch and empty contents into small skillet.
- Over medium high heat, reduce the liquid by half, tossing carrot rounds to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with pecan pieces and mint and serve.