Courtesy of Sur La Table
Time 25 minutes
- ½ cup (120 ml) white grape juice or dry white wine
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ¼ cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla (or simmer a vanilla bean with the syrup)
- 2 cups (470 ml) medium firm fruit such as pears, plums, rhubarb or cherries, sliced
- Preheat SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature 185F/85C.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in saucepan, reduce by half, and chill to thicken.
- Put the fruit and about ½ cup (125 ml) of the poaching liquid into a cooking pouch, evacuate as much air as possible with your hands, and seal. Alternately, use Archimedes’ Principle with zip pouches.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then remove pouch from the water bath and quick chill, submerged in an ice water bath. Refrigerate until ready to serve (or for up to 48 hours.)
- Serve chilled with cheese, ice cream, or yogurt.
Share This Recipe with Friends!