Makes about a cup
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (240 ml) port wine
- Salt to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter with the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and sauté until tender.
- Add the flour and whisk to make a roux, cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the beef stock and port and let the sauce reduce by about half. (You can add a little extra port if the sauce gets too thick.)
- Add salt to taste and whisk in the remaining butter at the end for extra silkiness.
Share This Recipe with Friends!