Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter
- 1 to 2 ounces (30 to 60 g) breakfast sausage
- 2 to 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml)grated Mexican cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 167F/75C.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a skillet, over medium high heat, and brown evenly, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined bowl to drain and let cool slightly.
- Put the cooked sausage into a small (quart/liter) cooking pouch, add the butter, eggs and cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Press out as much air as possible with your hands and seal only.
- Submerge and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, removing the pouch a time or two during the cooking period to massage the pouch gently to mix the contents.
- When the eggs reach the desired consistency, remove from the water bath, open and enjoy.