Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- Dash cayenne powder (Optional)
- ½ pound (225 g) ground sirloin
- ½ pound (225 g) ground pork
- ½ pound (225 g) ground lamb
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the peppers and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the cream, onions and peppers, and all seasonings and stir to combine.
- Add the ground meats and knead to mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two small (quart/liter) cooking pouches, pushing it into the bottom and forming a loaf about 2 inches (5 cm) thick across the width of the pouches. Roll the pouch around the formed loaf to compress it tightly.
- Vacuum seal and submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for at least 2 hours, but up to 6 hours will not affect the texture significantly.
- Remove the meatloaves from the pouches, put them on a broiling pan, pat the surfaces dry, and sear the loaves under a hot broiler or with a kitchen torch.
- Slice and serve.
Share This Recipe with Friends!