Recipe courtesy of Sharone Hakman
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (10 ml) butter
- 2 tablespoons (10 ml) tequila
- 1 lime, for juice
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146F/63.5C.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, put into a small (quart/0.9 liter) food-grade cooking pouch, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for at least 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove the pouch from the water oven and the chicken from the pouch. Pat the surface of the chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet, over high heat, melt the butter and quickly sear the chicken on both sides for color.
- Deglaze the pan with the tequila and scrape up the flavorful brown bits. (For safety, remove the skillet from the heat when adding the tequila to prevent flare up.)
- Transfer the chicken to a warm plate and drizzle with the tequila pan sauce.
- Squeeze on the lime juice and garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe with Friends!