Recipe idea courtesy of Allan McPherson, SousVide Supreme customer
Makes about 1 cup (240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons/114 g) butter
- 3 egg yolks (large), well-beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 pinch (1 ml) dry mustard
- Fill the SousVide Supreme just below the FILL line and preheat to 149F/65C.
- Put all ingredients into a wide mouth (2 cup/pint/480 ml) glass, canning jar and cap tightly.
- Set the jar into the water bath and cook for 45 minutes to one hour, shaking the jar after 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the jar from the water oven, open it, and process the (messy looking) contents until smooth, right in the jar with a stick blender. (Alternatively, pour the contents into a blender and process until smooth.)