- 4 (4-ounce/113g) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest only
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) butter, melted
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to your preferred degree of doneness (116F/47C for rare; 126F/52C for medium rare; 140F/60C for medium.)
- Remove skin and pin bones from the salmon, drizzle the fillets with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Put two fillets, slightly separated, into each of two small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouches and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and melted butter. Set aside.
- Remove the pouches and open them. Remove the fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Brush the fillets generously with the glaze and sear the exterior with a kitchen torch (or under a preheated broiler) just until the glaze bubbles.
- Enjoy immediately with our Butter Lettuce Salad and Citrus Vinaigrette.