As seen on Good Morning America…
Chic Chili Dogs and Sous Vide Potato Salad
Chef Richard Blais, winner of Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters,” prepares unique hot dogs and a sous vide potato salad – see recipe below.
Richard Blais’ Sous Vide Potato Salad
as seen on Good Morning America, July 12, 2011
Cook Time: 1-30 min
Nothing spells summer quite like potato salad. So break out the red bliss and give this one a try.
- 2 cups (350 g) fingerling or tiny red bliss potatoes, cut uniformly
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 to 4 drops Jalapeño Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) mustard seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) minced fresh basil
- 1 splash sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) crumbled potato chips
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 194F/90C.
- Season the potatoes with the salt & pepper, and toss with the sour cream, mustard, mustard seeds and spices.
- Put the potatoes into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Open the vacuum pouch and pour the potatoes into a bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and enjoy!
This recipe was styled by chef Karen Pickus for Good Morning America.
*Recipe courtesy of Chef Richard Blais