Sous Vide Green Bean Casserole
Courtesy of Chef Josh Horrigan, The Chef’s Academy
- ½ medium shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (300 g) fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 7 ounces (100 ml) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (2.8 ounces/78 g) crispy fried onions
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 185F/85C.
- Put all ingredients, except the crispy onions, into a large food-grade cooking pouch, and massage the pouch to evenly combine them.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and submerge in the water bath to cook for two hours.
- (If not serving immediately, quick chill the pouch at this point, submerged in an ice water bath for 20 minutes, and refrigerate for up to 48 hours. Reheat in the pouch, in the water oven at 160F/71C or higher for 30 minutes before serving.)
- Remove the pouch from the water oven and spoon the warm mixture into a serving dish; sprinkle the crispy onions over the top and serve.