- Preheat the SousVide Supreme to 134F/57C.
- Put a half rack of baby back ribs into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch, with valve or without. (Do as many as 4 half racks at a time in the SousVide Supreme.)
- Pour ½ cup (240 ml) of your favorite barbecue sauce right into the pouch(es) and massage the ribs through the pouch to coat with the sauce.
- Add a few dashes of Liquid Smoke (or other hickory smoke flavoring) to the pouch.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove the air from zip pouches without valves or the Zip Sealer to remove air from zip pouches with valves and zip the seal closed.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 24 to 48 hours.
- Remove from the pouch(es) and sear the surface on the grill, under the broiler, or with a cooking torch to impart savory caramelization.
Share This Recipe with Friends!