Courtesy of Recipe Contest Winner Adam Fields
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large pieces day-old challah
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, for frying
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 147F/ 64C.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- Put two slices of challah into a small (quart/0.9 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and pour in the egg mixture.
- Close the zipper seal of the pouch and shake to completely coat the slices with the egg mixture, then remove the air with a Zip Sealer for valve pouches or open the pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove the air from zipper pouches without a valve and zip the seal closed.
- Submerge the pouch(es) and cook for 60-90 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Remove from cooked bread from the pouch(es) and fry in the melted butter.
- Slice each piece in half and serve hot with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and fresh fruit.
Share This Recipe with Friends!