Makes about a cup (240 ml)
- 1 cup (150 g) ripe strawberries, stemmed, washed, and quartered
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh blueberries, stemmed and washed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (48 to 96 g) granulated sugar*
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 180F/82C.
- Put ripe berries into a small zip (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouch. (Any soft-fleshed fruit—raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, mango, or papaya—will work well.)
- Add sugar (or a sugar substitute of equivalent sweetening power) to the pouch. Use more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit and your own taste.
- Add the juice of the lemon to the pouch and vacuum seal.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ principle) to remove the air and zip the seal closed. Submerge the cooking pouch for about 30 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Remove from the water oven and mash through the pouch or if you prefer a smoother consistency, pour the contents into the blender or food processor and puree.
- Chill and serve over ice cream, pound cake, or shortcake.
Share This Recipe with Friends!