Recipe courtesy of Michael LaRoche, Head Butcher and Chef for Bill the Butcher
Makes 1 serving, but make as many pouches as you like!
- 3/4 to 1 inch (2 to 2.5 cm) thick New York strip steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli salt
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 130F/54.5C.
- Season steaks with salt, pepper & chilli salt, then put into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from the pouch and sear the surface to caramelize on grill, on a high heat cast iron pan, or with a cooking torch.
Suggested serving sides: buttered noodles and rapini