Courtesy of Chef Josh Horrigan (thechefsacademy.com)
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) bacon grease (solidified)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
- Put all the vegetables into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch in a single layer, add bacon grease, garlic, and rosemary and vacuum seal. (Use multiple pouches, if needed, to avoid crowding.)
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water bath and cook 2-4 hours.
- Remove the pouch(es) from the water bath and transfer the vegetables (reserving the poaching liquid for later use) to a baking sheet, spreading them in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with a little fresh rosemary and broil for 3-5 minutes until a golden brown crust forms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Share This Recipe with Friends!